Happy Independence Day!

Happy Independence Day

Let me be among the first to wish you a Happy Independence Day! Today we celebrate the things that make us uniquely American: our founding principles and our freedoms. As we share time with our friends and families this weekend, take a peek at my latest video in which I talk a little about how my…

Read More

I’m Running!

After seven terms serving as state representative for Norwalk and Darien, I’m deeply enthused to be shifting my energy and focus to a state-wide race for Secretary of the State. Serving as a state representative for Norwalk and Darien over the last thirteen years has been an extraordinary experience. To have been able to participate in…

Read More

Where We Are and Looking Forward

With a few weeks left in the year, this is a good time to provide an update on two key issues — our state budget and the redistricting plan taking effect next fall for the 2022 elections. It is important information to know and understand some basics. I’ll also offer closing thoughts as we look…

Read More

A Tale of Two Budgets

Connecticut’s 2022-23 state budget tells a story. Like any story, the author – in this case the majority party – decides what you should see and think. In this case, the story told was of a “no tax increase budget.” Let’s dive in and take a look. There are many good things in this two-year…

Read More

Wood offers update on legislative zoning proposals

Legislative proposals on state control of local zoning recently passed the state House and Senate. Lots of time, energy and much reflection went into the many conversations on housing choice and the issue of affordability over many months. Collectively – across the state – we did lots of homework, thoughtfully asking questions. Some of the…

Read More