Families First Rally in Hartford

Proud to rally today in Hartford in support of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. As a state and society we are judged by how well we care for the most vulnerable among us. Lacking a budget, we are not providing adequate resources for these families. Simply not right.  

Read More

Challenges lie ahead in state government

On Jan. 4, the 2017 legislative session, began debating issues in Hartford that are of immense importance to our communities, our families and ourselves. Of these, the most important is to set a budget for fiscal years ’18 and ’19 that will balance core government services with fiscal prudence. With the historic Republican gains in…

Read More

It’s Time to Be Smart About Education in Connecticut

Terrie Wood is Smart About Education in Connecticut

A good education is fundamental to virtually everything we do in our lives. So, it is critical we provide this for all students in Connecticut. As such, it continues to be one of the most important issues for me as your state representative. All children, regardless of school district or ability, deserve a first-rate education…

Read More

An Inside Look at Our Local Police Departments

Last month I had the opportunity to do a “ride along” with Darien Police Officer Leslie Silva learning more about the police department and our local community along the way. During our ride around town, I was able to gain an in-depth and personal look at how our local police departments operate, and therefore gain a…

Read More